When you migrate your business to Shopify, there may be security concerns with this process. There are two ways you can migrate to Shopify: you can transfer the data yourself or hire a migration specialist. If you decide to transfer the data yourself, you should have sufficient knowledge in coding and website development. Hiring a migration specialist can reduce any security complications.
Migration Security Concerns
- Susceptibility to security risks from not updating your store.
- Loss of organic traffic.
- Loss of data due to not having backed it up.
- Loss of current orders.
General Security Tips
- Generate unique passwords.
- Never share login credentials.
- Have a backup system.
- Use two-key authentication.